Saturday, September 4, 2010

Happy Birthday Chuck: This One was Fun!

Another family birthday!  This one was for my brother-in-law Chuck Tade and  I knew immediately how I wanted to decorate his cake.  So I flipped through my Country Kitchen SweetArt catalog and found the perfect little themed-set.
Yep, Chuck is a hunter...and I'm a vegetarian!  So this time I made sure that the deer would outsmart the  hunter and get away.  All in good fun, and Chuck was a good sport about it, as I knew he would be. 
Again no fondant lovers at this party, so another white cake with Italian Meringue Buttercream icing.  No fancy decorating techniques either, just mail order decorations and cute candles.  But the cake was good as Cake Crumbs recipe cakes always are--moist and light.  I am and always will be indebted to John amd Susan Rota for all they taught me about baking and cake decorating.  I hope one day to continue on to more advanced-level classes. 

For now I'm having fun baking for family and friends and they seem to be enjoying it as well:

Chuck enjoyed his and Jessica (his daughter) had a second piece and took some home as well! 

Let's see...who's next?  Oh my, can it be true? My son Dean is going to be 30 in October!!!!!  Hmmm, if not another Dodger cake, then what should be the theme?  Hockey...the Ducks?  Stay tuned....

1 comment:

  1. My Birthday Cake:

    This is brother-in-law Chuck (the birthday boy) and I am writing to express my gratitude to Debbie for honoring me with such a splendid cake for my birthday. The decorations were charming and the taste was out of this world. The icing and filling literally melted in your mouth. The cake was outstanding in every way. Which brings me to my next subject. Debbie, have you given any thought to turning professional with your baking. I have thought about this for a while now. I just think it needs to be said because your creations have reached a level where I think you have something really special going on here. Also, I know how hard you work on your wide varieties of "treats" and I think you could really do something amazing out there. I just wanted to share my thoughts with you, brother to sister. (Something to think about).

    Thank you again for my birthday cake. Even Tom asked me the next day if he could take a piece for his dad as he and Jessica were going to see his parents and Tom's dad is a huge cake lover. Very high praise indeed!

    Thanks again,

    Chuck

    ReplyDelete