Wednesday, May 26, 2010

The New School of Cooking: Artisan Breads and Flat Breads

We began baking with yeast two weeks ago and have made several different breads since:
Rustic Country Bread       

Rosemary Olive Bread














Foccacia and Spicy Country Crackers                  

Challah
We also learned how to make pizza dough and Carol's Classic Pizza sauce.  I was too busy eating the pizza that she made for us to take a picture, but I plan to try my hand at home soon and will then post the recipe and photos.

This week we are moving on to brioche, puff pastries, and croissants.  Only two classes left.  I will certainly miss it.  I intend to go back to the beginning and bake everything I've learned again--at home, on my own.  Recipes and photos will be posted then as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment