Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Cake #2: Fondant Calla Lily and Chocolate Fondant


My favorite flower is a white calla lily, so when I was searching the internet for decorating ideas, I came upon a picture of a cake with fondant calla lilies.  They looked so similar to a leaf that I decided to try my hand at creating my own.  I used a leaf-shaped cutter on white rolled fondant and then wrapped it around a bit of yellow fondant that I had rolled in my hand.  I made them two days ago and left them to dry and harden.

The cake is a white cake with chocolate ganache icing and covered with chocolate fondant.  I bought the fondant since I've been told it's a mess to make and even pros generally buy it when they need chocolate. I used royal icing to do the filigree maze-like piping on the sides and the zig zag top and bottom.



1 comment:

  1. hi debbie, your cake looked beautiful,looks like the work of a professional, you are getting there! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete